The French Curriculum
During Key Stage 2, our pupils will be following the National Curriculum, working on:
- Listening attentively to spoken language and showing understanding by joining in and responding.
- Exploring the patterns and sounds of language through songs and rhymes and link the spelling, sound and meaning of words.
- Engaging in conversations; asking and answering questions; expressing opinions and responding to those of others; seeking clarification and help.
- Speaking in sentences, using familiar vocabulary, phrases and basic language structures.
- Developing accurate pronunciation so that others understand when they are reading aloud or using familiar words and phrases.
- Presenting ideas and information orally to a range of audiences.
- Reading carefully and showing understanding of words, phrases and simple writing.
- Appreciating stories, songs, poems and rhymes in the language.
- Broadening their vocabulary and developing their ability to understand new words that are introduced into familiar written material, including through using a dictionary.
- Writing phrases from memory, and adapting these to create new sentences, to express ideas clearly.
- Describing people, places, things and actions orally and in writing.
- Understanding basic grammar, including: feminine and masculine forms and the conjugation of high-frequency verbs; key features and patterns of the language; how to apply these, for instance, to build sentences; and how these differ from or are similar to English.