A blog can be very exciting, it allows people from all over the world to share our learning and make comments. We need to remember to follow a few simple rules to stay safe and to get the most out of our blog. It is very important that we understand how to use the blog and the internet in a secure way. This ties in with National Curriculum objectives and ICT Key Skills that the children are expected to learn and apply.
The following guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our pupils when blogging. The guidelines are also reminders of how to use the blog to improve writing and keyboarding skills.
Please follow our blogging rules:
- Only use your first name when commenting – no surnames.
- Relatives who leave comments are also asked to use their first name only or to post comments as “Chanelle’s Mum” or “Ariel’s Grandfather”.
- Keep safe – don’t reveal any personal information.
- No text talk – write in full sentences and read your comments back carefully before submitting.
- Be polite – don’t post anything that could hurt anyone.
- Always show respect – be positive if you are going comment and always remember that the blog is an extension of our school that the rest of the world is able to see.
- All posts and comments are checked by school staff before they are approved.
If you have any more concerns about the security of the blog then please feel free to have a chat with Mr Higham or Miss Greenwood.
For more information on e safety check out these websites:
Key Stage One 5-7 years
Key Stage Two 7-11 years
Think U Know website